1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K

User avatar
DWD
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:37 am
Location: Idaho

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by DWD »

Superb work Nicolas! Your work is always amazing sir. :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
Doug

Currently building:
Tamiya 1/350 CVN-65 USS Enterprise 2001
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=120496

http://modelshipgallery.com/gallery/use ... index.html
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

thank's Doug
coming from you, the compliment is appreciated :thumbs_up_1:
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI gent's

the ongoing work on the bow. to start, I decided to engrave with a "rosie" the anti slip coating present .the slip bands and exits Hawse pipes are also added.

Image

anchor winches are also remade (some parts were already molded for my 1st montage)

Image


any parts installed (only anchor winches are not glued)

Image


Image


Now I'll attack the bow
Cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
Stein Gildberg
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am
Location: Kongsberg, Norway

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Stein Gildberg »

I've been following you work. Beautiful work with attention to detail. :thumbs_up_1:

Stein
Ultima ratio regum
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

thanks stein for your kind comment :thumbs_up_1:
Cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Hi folks

I just finished the stern. for the realization of the hawse pipe, I perform the same operation than on the bow, but this time the chain passage tube is conical ... as in reality. a view from the hawse pipe during the achievement

Image

Indeed, the output on the rear is larger than the input on the deck. the stern edge is ugly,since ,it has been straightened always.
in the modifications performed,to the A arrow ,a small metalic deck section is present on the stern ,it is represented with the plastic card.


Image


at B Arrow, a "gutter" is present on the periphery of the deck, it is made with evergreen profiles
the stern with its specific windlass

Image

is still a lot of steps before the end,but ,as usual, step by step ,I'll take the time to make time :-D

cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
Apophysis
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:36 am
Location: Germany

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Apophysis »

Hello Nicholas!

Every little step by you is a great pleasure for humanity (especially for us modellers!) :big_grin: :thumbs_up_1:

Dirk
UNSERE KRIEGSMARINE!
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

that's too much Dirk :oops: I'll end up believing it :wink: :-D
thank's for your kind word :thumbs_up_1:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

hello folks

I start to modify a Trumpy turret , I did not could use one of my molded turrets as it is intended to "Richelieu" after 43. The main changes are the addition of protections around the vision blocks of the small observation bell, and changing the shape of the embrasures of the tubes 380. I used the "ears" of rangefinders one of my cast turret, which saves a lot of my time

http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/ ... f.jpg.html
Image[/url]

Then, I must integrate the shield basis of the tubes in embrasure. a shield made ??of a tube portion

Image


as you can see it is not that big, which makes it difficult to adjust! but ,with the perseverance we can get there, the evidence, the shield adjusted in its housing

Image

for subsequently,I have three other to make , four shutters and many little details
cheers

Nicolas
User avatar
sgtryan13
Posts: 2651
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:48 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by sgtryan13 »

The excellent modeling skills here are very impressive, keep it up my friend. Equally impressive, is the photography and step-by-step explanation. :thumbs_up_1:
Enlisted men are stupid, but very cunning and deceitful and bear considerable watching." - Marine Corps Officers Manual, 1894

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Hi folks

thank's you sgtryan for your kind words ,and I am glad you like this step-by-step :thumbs_up_1:
the "master" of the original version of turrets is finished. I have not pierced the shields, because in 1941, the bursting of the gun N� 3 of the turret N�2 was not repaired, changing the equilibrium of the gun breech .

http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/yaum/ ... f.jpg.html
Image[/url]

allowing me to position the lifting up of my guns ,as I want

Image

Image

Image

and one in order to compare with one already molded

Image

this step is ended. For now I leave aside the hull, because my friend big bear( Bruno Gire), draw and etched for me the degaussing belt .... :woo_hoo: I owe him a "huge debt of gratitude"
cheers
Nicolas

Nicolas
User avatar
dafi
Posts: 1006
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Ludwigsburg/Germany
Contact:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by dafi »

Being back from a trip, just catching up and what do I see:

Mary in full flight - what a delight!

Great work as usual!

Daniel
To Victory and beyond ...
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=99050&start=60

See also our german forum for the age of Sail and History:
http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com
sirmaumau
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: hangzhou china
Contact:

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by sirmaumau »

:cool_2: eager to see the french style degaussing cable!
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Hello Dan

thank's for your kind words :thumbs_up_1: I feel that we'll have new progress on your victory,it must itch you :smallsmile:
sirmaumau
the degaussing cable is being drawn,I'm also looking forward ,to have it in my hands :smallsmile:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
PetrolGator
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:02 pm
Location: Herndon, VA

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by PetrolGator »

Will you model her with the broken barrel?

I always appreciate your step by step builds, Nicolas.
- Chris

1/700 Saratoga w/Pontos (Needs paint)
1/700 Potato w/Kurama (On hold)
1/700 Murdertorpedoboat Ooi
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

PetrolGator wrote:...Will you model her with the broken barrel?...
Thank's Chris :wink: and indeed, my Richelieu going to have broken barrel.....it's a bit "special" but historical :smallsmile:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
Stein Gildberg
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am
Location: Kongsberg, Norway

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by Stein Gildberg »

You really stick to the details too, Nicolas! I like it! :woo_hoo:

Stein
Ultima ratio regum
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

thank you Stein :thumbs_up_1:
I launch out today in achieving the master of anti-aircraft artillery
37 mm double 13.2 single, double, and quad. I have occupation for the next days :big_grin:
cheers
Nicolas
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

Hi gents

I'm like a kid tonight! the top of the castle and the yards are finally moldeds

Image

the same assembled

Image

Image

I'm really happy with the result (thousand thank uncle jack). the castle really starts to resemble something

Image

to continue in the molding series, much of "the floats" anti-torpedo nets

Image

and finally, an assortment of crates, turrets and casks

Image

see you soon
Cheers

Nicolas
Nicolas
User avatar
LE BOSCO
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Paris France

Re: 1/350 RICHELIEU Dakar 1940-41

Post by LE BOSCO »

HI folks :wave_1:

I began the manufacture the masters of anti-aircraft weapons. in order to know the number and the location of the light anti-aircraft weapons to the period of July 1941 (period that interests me) ,after overlap between different sources (books, pictures), I make a "plan" of location

Image

The weapons did not stop to migrate and evolve between 1940 and late 1941 and never change until landing before departure to the USA in 1943. Apparently the armament was either take or ship wrecks off ... for example, it seems that 37mm CAD were taken from the wreckage of l'Audacieux at Dakar!!!!!

a +
Nicolas
Post Reply

Return to “Works in Progress”