Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Moderators: MartinJQuinn, Timmy C, Gernot, HMAS
- TOMLABEL
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:55 pm
- Location: Hoover, Alabama
-
Infini-model
- infini-model

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Dear KelleyTOMLABEL wrote:The flight deck design is fantastic in of itself and combined with the PE set in its entirety is awesome!! Thanks for including the bomb elevators, the torpedo elevator, landing lights, correct sized palisades and the access hatch to below decks aft of the island!! Nice!!
Sign me up for 2 (or more)!!!
Would love to see some pics of the aft boat deck area in detail!!!
Kelley
Thanks for your interest in our product.
Here is some pictures of stern boat deck area.







Best Regards,
Infini-model
G. K. Choi
-
Infini-model
- infini-model

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
MartinJQuinn wrote:Wow - looks great. I wish someone would make a set like this for the Trumpeter 1/350 Lexington.
lvsquarerigger wrote:A big amen to thatMartinJQuinn wrote:Wow - looks great. I wish someone would make a set like this for the Trumpeter 1/350 Lexington.
Admiral John Byng wrote:Oh wouldn't that be luvverly!MartinJQuinn wrote:Wow - looks great. I wish someone would make a set like this for the Trumpeter 1/350 Lexington.
I can't remember what film that song is from (maybe Oliver?). Lexington and Saratoga need some luv!
John W. wrote:Infini-model
What a great looking set. Sign me up. When will it be available, and from whom?
Not to sound ungrateful, but I am hoping you will make the few modifications necessary for both ENTERPRISE and especially HORNET using the same Merit kit as a base. With this detail-up, many of us will finally get something we have been hoping for for a long time - an accurate model of these three pioneering USN ships.
I agree with Martin as well. If you could just sneak in an accurate deck and fittings for the wartime LEX, some of us would promise not to tell others who have been waiting for other detail-up sets for other famous ships. You could get to them first right after us.
Thank you - your secret will be safe with me.
(Adm Byng - that would be from "My Fair Lady" - fitting for Lady Lex, no?)
Martin, lvsquarerigger ,Admiral John Byng and John W
Thanks for your interest in our product.
The product development you suggested is completely considerable.
I try to reflect your opinion.
Regards,
Infini-model
G. K. Choi
-
Infini-model
- infini-model

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Hi, Devin, Modelmonky and all
Here is pictures of USS Yorktown CV-5's weapons.





Thanks
Infini-model
G. K. Choi
Here is pictures of USS Yorktown CV-5's weapons.





Thanks
Infini-model
G. K. Choi
- TOMLABEL
- Posts: 323
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:55 pm
- Location: Hoover, Alabama
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Wow!!! The detail is amazing!!! Very nicely done!!!Infini-model wrote:Dear Kelley
Thanks for your interest in our product.
Here is some pictures of stern boat deck area.
Best Regards,
Infini-model
G. K. Choi
Thank you for showing these pictures.
Kelley

-
Heavy Melder
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:00 am
- Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Hear that? That's the sound money makes when it flies out of your wallet while breaking the sound barrier.
Aaron Propper
"I don't understand any of this! But when we get in the giant robots, WE MUST FIGHT!"
"This is how Admiral Okita fights."
"I don't understand any of this! But when we get in the giant robots, WE MUST FIGHT!"
"This is how Admiral Okita fights."
-
Dan K
- Posts: 9093
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:56 am
- Location: New York City
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
This is really an astounding accessory set.
- Devin
- Posts: 2503
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:46 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
- Contact:
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Heavy Melder wrote:Hear that? That's the sound money makes when it flies out of your wallet while breaking the sound barrier.
- Attachments
-
- Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-is-an-online-store-that-compiles-the-best-in-the-internets-strange-geeky-items..jpg (94.92 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
We like our history sanitized and theme-parked and self-congratulatory, not bloody and angry and unflattering. - Jonathan Yardley
- MartinJQuinn
- Posts: 8601
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:40 pm
- Location: New Jersey
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Those .50 calibers are SICK.
Martin
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne
Ship Model Gallery
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne
Ship Model Gallery
- Admiral John Byng
- Posts: 2834
- Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:35 pm
- Location: UK
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
John W. wrote:Infini-model
(Adm Byng - that would be from "My Fair Lady" - fitting for Lady Lex, no?)
Thanks, I knew someone would know. MFL has Jeremy Brett in it, the greatest Sherlock Holmes!
In 1757 Admiral John Byng was shot "pour encourager les autres". Voltaire
-
Adaks
- Posts: 142
- Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:37 am
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Really great set. 
- robertmelvin
- Posts: 2025
- Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:39 am
- Location: Harlan, Kentucky, U.S.A.
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
You folks are going to bankrupt me! I already have you Yukikaze set, and now this masterpiece, for which I just happen to have the kit in the stash. When can we expect this to be available for sale?
TIA,
Bob M.
TIA,
Bob M.
Give me a fast ship, for I would like to get out of harm's way!
-
SovereignHobbies
- SovereignHobbies

- Posts: 1194
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:09 am
- Location: Aberdeenshire, Scotland, UK
- Contact:
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
I'm really looking forward to these. Our order just went in 
James Duff
Sovereign Hobbies Ltd
http://www.sovereignhobbies.co.uk
Current build:
HMS Imperial D09 1/350
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=167151
Sovereign Hobbies Ltd
http://www.sovereignhobbies.co.uk
Current build:
HMS Imperial D09 1/350
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=167151
- whaynes
- Posts: 294
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:32 pm
- Location: South Carolina
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
As I already have USS Enterprise I will look forward to the detail set for this model eagerly.
-
Infini-model
- infini-model

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Heavy Melder wrote:Hear that? That's the sound money makes when it flies out of your wallet while breaking the sound barrier.
Thanks, Heavy Melder and Dan.Dan K wrote:This is really an astounding accessory set.
Here is another Pictures of Yorktown Wooden deck(teak color).







Thank you
Regards,
Infini-model
G. K. Choi
- Devin
- Posts: 2503
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:46 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
- Contact:
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Very nice. I still wish that these decks could be cut from styrene and not wood, but maybe that'll be possible someday when the lasers are more easily controlled. I'll definitely be getting at least one of these sets, maybe two.
We like our history sanitized and theme-parked and self-congratulatory, not bloody and angry and unflattering. - Jonathan Yardley
-
Infini-model
- infini-model

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Thanks MartinMartinJQuinn wrote:Those .50 calibers are SICK.
I'm so flattered.
Thanks AdaksAdaks wrote:Really great set.
Thank you Bobrobertmelvin wrote:You folks are going to bankrupt me! I already have you Yukikaze set, and now this masterpiece, for which I just happen to have the kit in the stash. When can we expect this to be available for sale?
TIA,
Bob M.
Maybe you can buy at the end of the month.

Infini-Model
G. K. Choi
-
Infini-model
- infini-model

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Thanks JamesSovereignHobbies wrote:I'm really looking forward to these. Our order just went in
I received your order. I'll mail you.
Hi, whayneswhaynes wrote:As I already have USS Enterprise I will look forward to the detail set for this model eagerly.
Thanks for your interest in our product.
I expect you to be satisfied.
Best Regards,
Infini-model
G. K. Choi
-
aptivaboy
- Posts: 404
- Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:32 pm
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Of Dear Lord. That's just...
Yorkgasmic...
Yorkgasmic...
- Devin
- Posts: 2503
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:46 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
- Contact:
Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set
Indeed. I've love to be able to buy a set of a dozen or so of those for my other projects!MartinJQuinn wrote:Those .50 calibers are SICK.
I believe we actually did miss some of the .50cal mounts in the port-aft boat pocket when we were going over the accuracy with Merit. Mainly for the reason that we found so many other issues with the guns around the flight deck and on the island that they did fix, that we kinda forgot about guns below the flight deck.
We like our history sanitized and theme-parked and self-congratulatory, not bloody and angry and unflattering. - Jonathan Yardley