Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

For the exclusive use of Modelwarships.com sponsors. Post your specials and in-stock notices here.

Moderators: MartinJQuinn, Timmy C, Gernot, HMAS

User avatar
TOMLABEL
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:55 pm
Location: Hoover, Alabama

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by TOMLABEL »

Thanks, Matt!!!
Kelley
Image
Infini-model
infini-model
infini-model
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Infini-model »

TOMLABEL wrote:The flight deck design is fantastic in of itself and combined with the PE set in its entirety is awesome!! Thanks for including the bomb elevators, the torpedo elevator, landing lights, correct sized palisades and the access hatch to below decks aft of the island!! Nice!! :thumbs_up_1:

Sign me up for 2 (or more)!!!

Would love to see some pics of the aft boat deck area in detail!!!

Kelley
Dear Kelley

Thanks for your interest in our product.

Here is some pictures of stern boat deck area.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Best Regards,

Infini-model
G. K. Choi
Infini-model
infini-model
infini-model
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Infini-model »

MartinJQuinn wrote:Wow - looks great. I wish someone would make a set like this for the Trumpeter 1/350 Lexington.
lvsquarerigger wrote:
MartinJQuinn wrote:Wow - looks great. I wish someone would make a set like this for the Trumpeter 1/350 Lexington.
A big amen to that
Admiral John Byng wrote:
MartinJQuinn wrote:Wow - looks great. I wish someone would make a set like this for the Trumpeter 1/350 Lexington.
Oh wouldn't that be luvverly!

I can't remember what film that song is from (maybe Oliver?). Lexington and Saratoga need some luv!
John W. wrote:Infini-model
What a great looking set. Sign me up. When will it be available, and from whom?

Not to sound ungrateful, but I am hoping you will make the few modifications necessary for both ENTERPRISE and especially HORNET using the same Merit kit as a base. With this detail-up, many of us will finally get something we have been hoping for for a long time - an accurate model of these three pioneering USN ships.
I agree with Martin as well. If you could just sneak in an accurate deck and fittings for the wartime LEX, some of us would promise not to tell others who have been waiting for other detail-up sets for other famous ships. You could get to them first right after us.
Thank you - your secret will be safe with me.

(Adm Byng - that would be from "My Fair Lady" - fitting for Lady Lex, no?)

Martin, lvsquarerigger ,Admiral John Byng and John W

Thanks for your interest in our product.
The product development you suggested is completely considerable.
I try to reflect your opinion.

Regards,

Infini-model
G. K. Choi
Infini-model
infini-model
infini-model
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Infini-model »

Hi, Devin, Modelmonky and all

Here is pictures of USS Yorktown CV-5's weapons.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thanks

Infini-model
G. K. Choi
User avatar
TOMLABEL
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:55 pm
Location: Hoover, Alabama

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by TOMLABEL »

Infini-model wrote:Dear Kelley
Thanks for your interest in our product.
Here is some pictures of stern boat deck area.

Best Regards,

Infini-model
G. K. Choi
Wow!!! The detail is amazing!!! Very nicely done!!!
Thank you for showing these pictures.

Kelley
Image
Heavy Melder
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:00 am
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Heavy Melder »

Hear that? That's the sound money makes when it flies out of your wallet while breaking the sound barrier.
Aaron Propper
"I don't understand any of this! But when we get in the giant robots, WE MUST FIGHT!"

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."
Dan K
Posts: 9093
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:56 am
Location: New York City

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Dan K »

This is really an astounding accessory set.
User avatar
Devin
Posts: 2503
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:46 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Contact:

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Devin »

Heavy Melder wrote:Hear that? That's the sound money makes when it flies out of your wallet while breaking the sound barrier.
Attachments
Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-is-an-online-store-that-compiles-the-best-in-the-internets-strange-geeky-items..jpg
Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-is-an-online-store-that-compiles-the-best-in-the-internets-strange-geeky-items..jpg (94.92 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
We like our history sanitized and theme-parked and self-congratulatory, not bloody and angry and unflattering. - Jonathan Yardley
User avatar
MartinJQuinn
Posts: 8601
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:40 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by MartinJQuinn »

Those .50 calibers are SICK.
Martin

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery
User avatar
Admiral John Byng
Posts: 2834
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Admiral John Byng »

John W. wrote:Infini-model


(Adm Byng - that would be from "My Fair Lady" - fitting for Lady Lex, no?)

Thanks, I knew someone would know. MFL has Jeremy Brett in it, the greatest Sherlock Holmes!
In 1757 Admiral John Byng was shot "pour encourager les autres". Voltaire
Adaks
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:37 am

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Adaks »

Really great set. :thumbs_up_1:
User avatar
robertmelvin
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:39 am
Location: Harlan, Kentucky, U.S.A.

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by robertmelvin »

You folks are going to bankrupt me! I already have you Yukikaze set, and now this masterpiece, for which I just happen to have the kit in the stash. When can we expect this to be available for sale?

TIA,

Bob M.
Give me a fast ship, for I would like to get out of harm's way!
SovereignHobbies
SovereignHobbies
SovereignHobbies
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Aberdeenshire, Scotland, UK
Contact:

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by SovereignHobbies »

I'm really looking forward to these. Our order just went in :thumbs_up_1:
James Duff
Sovereign Hobbies Ltd
http://www.sovereignhobbies.co.uk

Current build:
HMS Imperial D09 1/350
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=167151
User avatar
whaynes
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:32 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by whaynes »

As I already have USS Enterprise I will look forward to the detail set for this model eagerly.
Infini-model
infini-model
infini-model
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Infini-model »

Heavy Melder wrote:Hear that? That's the sound money makes when it flies out of your wallet while breaking the sound barrier.
Dan K wrote:This is really an astounding accessory set.
Thanks, Heavy Melder and Dan.

Here is another Pictures of Yorktown Wooden deck(teak color).
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thank you

Regards,

Infini-model
G. K. Choi
User avatar
Devin
Posts: 2503
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:46 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Contact:

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Devin »

Very nice. I still wish that these decks could be cut from styrene and not wood, but maybe that'll be possible someday when the lasers are more easily controlled. I'll definitely be getting at least one of these sets, maybe two.
We like our history sanitized and theme-parked and self-congratulatory, not bloody and angry and unflattering. - Jonathan Yardley
Infini-model
infini-model
infini-model
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Infini-model »

MartinJQuinn wrote:Those .50 calibers are SICK.
Thanks Martin
I'm so flattered.
Adaks wrote:Really great set. :thumbs_up_1:
Thanks Adaks :wave_1:
robertmelvin wrote:You folks are going to bankrupt me! I already have you Yukikaze set, and now this masterpiece, for which I just happen to have the kit in the stash. When can we expect this to be available for sale?

TIA,

Bob M.
Thank you Bob

Maybe you can buy at the end of the month.
Image

Infini-Model
G. K. Choi
Infini-model
infini-model
infini-model
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Infini-model »

SovereignHobbies wrote:I'm really looking forward to these. Our order just went in :thumbs_up_1:
Thanks James

I received your order. I'll mail you.

whaynes wrote:As I already have USS Enterprise I will look forward to the detail set for this model eagerly.
Hi, whaynes

Thanks for your interest in our product.
I expect you to be satisfied.

Best Regards,

Infini-model
G. K. Choi
aptivaboy
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by aptivaboy »

Of Dear Lord. That's just...

Yorkgasmic...
User avatar
Devin
Posts: 2503
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:46 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Contact:

Re: Infini-model 1/350 USS Yorktown CV-5 Detail Up Set

Post by Devin »

MartinJQuinn wrote:Those .50 calibers are SICK.
Indeed. I've love to be able to buy a set of a dozen or so of those for my other projects!

I believe we actually did miss some of the .50cal mounts in the port-aft boat pocket when we were going over the accuracy with Merit. Mainly for the reason that we found so many other issues with the guns around the flight deck and on the island that they did fix, that we kinda forgot about guns below the flight deck.
We like our history sanitized and theme-parked and self-congratulatory, not bloody and angry and unflattering. - Jonathan Yardley
Post Reply

Return to “Manufacturers and Suppliers”