Wow! Very nice place PH. You ought to be able to really do some serious damage to your Monster Mo there.
Good luck on your move. It's always a pain in the tush, no matter how prepared you think you are.
Trumpeter 1/200 USS Missouri 2 Sept 1945 Surrender Ceremony
Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K
- steinerman
- Posts: 489
- Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:33 pm
- Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Re: Trumpeter 1/200 USS Missouri 2 Sept 1945 Surrender Cerem
Larry Steiner
Completed: 1:200 USS Missouri (Monster Mo)
Next project: Definitely NOT another big ship!!
Completed: 1:200 USS Missouri (Monster Mo)
Next project: Definitely NOT another big ship!!
-
Plastic Habit
- Posts: 272
- Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:44 am
- Location: San Diego, CA
Re: Trumpeter 1/200 USS Missouri 2 Sept 1945 Surrender Cerem
Can't say I've gotten anything done on the Mighty Mo, except that it is
in the office/hobby room of the new house.
Just spent two days designing and building desk space. In this first phase I built 36 sq ft of
space. 14 sq ft is being taken up by the monitor for computer, printer, and scanner.
I will lose 4 sq ft of building space in the other corner when I build up the more elevated space under the
far window for my airbrush station. The airbrush station top will be 11 sq ft of work space.
To think that my previous work space for modeling was only 8 sq ft. Basically the 2ft by 4ft laminate
countertop you see in the foreground with my monitor on it. Of course before the monitor was on a corner desk
that I have since gotten rid of.
The next phase will consist of covering the MDF with laminate countertops.
The final phase will be to build the airbrush station and cover it with a laminate countertop.
This will be nice, the CIC can do what she needs to do on the computer and I can continue to build at the same time.
No way we could do that at the old place we were renting.
The joys of owning a home.
in the office/hobby room of the new house.
Just spent two days designing and building desk space. In this first phase I built 36 sq ft of
space. 14 sq ft is being taken up by the monitor for computer, printer, and scanner.
I will lose 4 sq ft of building space in the other corner when I build up the more elevated space under the
far window for my airbrush station. The airbrush station top will be 11 sq ft of work space.
To think that my previous work space for modeling was only 8 sq ft. Basically the 2ft by 4ft laminate
countertop you see in the foreground with my monitor on it. Of course before the monitor was on a corner desk
that I have since gotten rid of.
The next phase will consist of covering the MDF with laminate countertops.
The final phase will be to build the airbrush station and cover it with a laminate countertop.
This will be nice, the CIC can do what she needs to do on the computer and I can continue to build at the same time.
No way we could do that at the old place we were renting.
The joys of owning a home.
-
Scott56
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:30 pm
- Location: Salisbury, NC
Re: Trumpeter 1/200 USS Missouri 2 Sept 1945 Surrender Cerem
Great space. You should be able to make some progress on Mo there. I need to show your pictures to my boss and maybe I can convert the spare catch all room. It would sure beat working in the garage. Look forward to pictures of your progress on both your new modeling room and Mo.
Scott
Salisbury, NC
USS Iowa BB61 1943 post refit
1:200 Trumpeter w/ Pontos detail up with deck
USS Missouri BB63 1945 1:350
In planning T2-SE-A2 tanker AO-82
Salisbury, NC
USS Iowa BB61 1943 post refit
1:200 Trumpeter w/ Pontos detail up with deck
USS Missouri BB63 1945 1:350
In planning T2-SE-A2 tanker AO-82