1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
some progress...
The curvature was not perfect, but its an improvement on the kit part
Last edited by silvershadow on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
more images....
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
more images - everything is dry fitted, nothing is attached - I had to build this in this way to store away parts to prevent damage when working on something else. I have a extremely limited workspace at my new home, where I cannot put this in a perspex box to keep dust off the model. I also tried to make the cuts that other elements will hide some of the seams or will have minimal post production needed to clean up and sand once glued together.
~It was a huge risk to go this way, I'm not a pro builder like the other guys, this is my first ship in 20 years since I was a kid, and also my first model doing "a little bit of scratch building" on it.~
~It was a huge risk to go this way, I'm not a pro builder like the other guys, this is my first ship in 20 years since I was a kid, and also my first model doing "a little bit of scratch building" on it.~
Last edited by silvershadow on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
This is just a close up fly through on an update on holes / items on this side of the ship without any items in place.
Up to this point, if anything small is missing like pipes etc, yes I am aware of it, but it is overlapping with the ship and the loose parts and will come back to this area to fine comb once its fixed permanently.
Up to this point, if anything small is missing like pipes etc, yes I am aware of it, but it is overlapping with the ship and the loose parts and will come back to this area to fine comb once its fixed permanently.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- youngtiger1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:55 am
- Location: California, USA
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
My Lord, please tell you your that guy from Honey I shrunk the kids movie and have a shrink gun in you basement? You must have that gun because the detail is exquisite. There is no way on God's green earth someone has talented hands pull it off.
Mike
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
sssh dont tell anyone, I borrowed their shrink-ray he he.youngtiger1 wrote:My Lord, please tell you your that guy from Honey I shrunk the kids movie and have a shrink gun in you basement? You must have that gun because the detail is exquisite. There is no way on God's green earth someone has talented hands pull it off.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Guys, I know there is a lot of activity in the "Enterprise department" and you are probably tired of seeing these posts so often.
Before I go on holiday, here are a few progress photos, then I will leave you alone for a while
Before I go on holiday, here are a few progress photos, then I will leave you alone for a while
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
more shots
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
More progress photos
Last edited by silvershadow on Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
.... and the rest. See you guys again and continue next year 
Last edited by silvershadow on Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- youngtiger1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:55 am
- Location: California, USA
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Jacques, no need to apologize about extra photographs. I say more the merrier. We are visual creatures and easy way to lean is my looking. At least, for me it�s an easy way to pick tips. So, thank you for sharing.
Oh and your secret is safe with me. I just might ask you to borrow it from time to time. The shrinking gun that is
Oh and your secret is safe with me. I just might ask you to borrow it from time to time. The shrinking gun that is
Mike
- Rob Jansen
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:48 pm
- Location: Mount Vernon, WA USA
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Oh no, please don't stop. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants all this detail to continue.silvershadow wrote:Guys, I know there is a lot of activity in the "Enterprise department" and you are probably tired of seeing these posts so often.
Before I go on holiday, here are a few progress photos, then I will leave you alone for a while
Really hoping we can follow this build all the way to the end!
Thank you very much for sharing!!!
Last edited by Rob Jansen on Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Rob <><
- DWD
- Posts: 365
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:37 am
- Location: Idaho
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Dude!!!! Silvershadow, THIS.....is awesome!! Your build is looking really good and I love how intricate the detail is you've created. Gotta love that Tamiya Enterprise kit. After you get going on a build like this you start realizing what all needs to be changed with the model!!
Still a good kit though and you are certainly detailing the heck out of it. I especially like the work you've done on the starboard replenishment deck. That's some scratch-building right there! I hope you continue posting. Be a shame if you didn't.
Doug
Currently building:
Tamiya 1/350 CVN-65 USS Enterprise 2001
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=120496
http://modelshipgallery.com/gallery/use ... index.html
Currently building:
Tamiya 1/350 CVN-65 USS Enterprise 2001
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=120496
http://modelshipgallery.com/gallery/use ... index.html
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Thanks guys, no don't worry, this ship will continue, just taking a holiday break. Next year I will post the crap out of it again. I knew this model is old, not easy to modify and add some decent detail onto it. I think the most frustrating part is trying to fit what you see in a photo on to a piece of plastic area and make everything to fit to scale, where the frustrating part kicks in realizing the area you are trying to fit the detail on is out of scale. The ship is decent, giving its age as a kit, I think I have pretty much all my parts still on the sprues, have not even opened the instruction book really, just doing my own thing hehe
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- gtbred
- Posts: 2717
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am
- Location: san francisco
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
You got me working on my BeeHive build again. Needed someone to jump start me. 
-
anyahajobuzi
- Posts: 374
- Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 am
- Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada, North pole
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Hey Jacques!!
Long time no visiting this site for me, but I see it was VERY worth my time to visit : DWD/Doug is right: This is an AMAZING build!
I love how you leave just about nothing original! Very sharp/precise work, my friend!!!
And I have to say, You heard right: These big models DO warp over time: My Nimitz developed a slight banana shape, where the bow and stern don't touch base in my display case anymore..... Not cool, but it sure looks like you evaded that problem head on!
Very nice work!!!!
Cheers: Laci
Long time no visiting this site for me, but I see it was VERY worth my time to visit : DWD/Doug is right: This is an AMAZING build!
I love how you leave just about nothing original! Very sharp/precise work, my friend!!!
And I have to say, You heard right: These big models DO warp over time: My Nimitz developed a slight banana shape, where the bow and stern don't touch base in my display case anymore..... Not cool, but it sure looks like you evaded that problem head on!
Very nice work!!!!
Cheers: Laci
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Thank you Laci, I was a super fan of your build, really loved what you did with your carrier and was always the highlight of my day when I saw a new post of it. Hopefully I will finish mine, not an easy project.anyahajobuzi wrote:Hey Jacques!!
Long time no visiting this site for me, but I see it was VERY worth my time to visit : DWD/Doug is right: This is an AMAZING build!
I love how you leave just about nothing original! Very sharp/precise work, my friend!!!
And I have to say, You heard right: These big models DO warp over time: My Nimitz developed a slight banana shape, where the bow and stern don't touch base in my display case anymore..... Not cool, but it sure looks like you evaded that problem head on!
Very nice work!!!!![]()
![]()
![]()
Cheers: Laci
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Ok guys, new year (thank you for the support and interest, really appreciate this), and hopefully I can get some more done this year on my project. I will be kicking off on the stern section, enjoy
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
more images
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
more images
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966