1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K

User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

some progress... :) The curvature was not perfect, but its an improvement on the kit part
Attachments
139.jpg
140.jpg
141.jpg
142.jpg
143.jpg
144.jpg
145.jpg
146.jpg
147.jpg
148.jpg
Last edited by silvershadow on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

more images....
Attachments
149.jpg
150.jpg
151.jpg
152.jpg
153.jpg
154.jpg
155.jpg
158.jpg
159.jpg
160.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

more images - everything is dry fitted, nothing is attached - I had to build this in this way to store away parts to prevent damage when working on something else. I have a extremely limited workspace at my new home, where I cannot put this in a perspex box to keep dust off the model. I also tried to make the cuts that other elements will hide some of the seams or will have minimal post production needed to clean up and sand once glued together.
~It was a huge risk to go this way, I'm not a pro builder like the other guys, this is my first ship in 20 years since I was a kid, and also my first model doing "a little bit of scratch building" on it.~
Attachments
161.jpg
162.jpg
163.jpg
Last edited by silvershadow on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

This is just a close up fly through on an update on holes / items on this side of the ship without any items in place.
Up to this point, if anything small is missing like pipes etc, yes I am aware of it, but it is overlapping with the ship and the loose parts and will come back to this area to fine comb once its fixed permanently. :wave_1:
Attachments
164.jpg
165.jpg
166.jpg
167.jpg
168.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
youngtiger1
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:55 am
Location: California, USA

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by youngtiger1 »

My Lord, please tell you your that guy from Honey I shrunk the kids movie and have a shrink gun in you basement? You must have that gun because the detail is exquisite. There is no way on God's green earth someone has talented hands pull it off.
Mike
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

youngtiger1 wrote:My Lord, please tell you your that guy from Honey I shrunk the kids movie and have a shrink gun in you basement? You must have that gun because the detail is exquisite. There is no way on God's green earth someone has talented hands pull it off.
sssh dont tell anyone, I borrowed their shrink-ray he he.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Guys, I know there is a lot of activity in the "Enterprise department" and you are probably tired of seeing these posts so often.
Before I go on holiday, here are a few progress photos, then I will leave you alone for a while
Attachments
169.jpg
170.jpg
171.jpg
172.jpg
173.jpg
174.jpg
175.jpg
176.jpg
177.jpg
178.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

more shots
Attachments
179.jpg
180.jpg
181.jpg
182.jpg
183.jpg
184.jpg
185.jpg
186.jpg
187.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

More progress photos
Attachments
189.jpg
190.jpg
191.jpg
192.jpg
3d overlay on the plastic cardboard to visualize and plan ahead
3d overlay on the plastic cardboard to visualize and plan ahead
194.jpg
195.jpg
196.jpg
Last edited by silvershadow on Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

.... and the rest. See you guys again and continue next year :cool_1:
Attachments
197.jpg
198.jpg
200.jpg
201.jpg
202.jpg
203.jpg
204.jpg
205.jpg
Last edited by silvershadow on Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
youngtiger1
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:55 am
Location: California, USA

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by youngtiger1 »

Jacques, no need to apologize about extra photographs. I say more the merrier. We are visual creatures and easy way to lean is my looking. At least, for me it�s an easy way to pick tips. So, thank you for sharing.

Oh and your secret is safe with me. I just might ask you to borrow it from time to time. The shrinking gun that is :big_grin:
Mike
User avatar
Rob Jansen
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:48 pm
Location: Mount Vernon, WA USA

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by Rob Jansen »

silvershadow wrote:Guys, I know there is a lot of activity in the "Enterprise department" and you are probably tired of seeing these posts so often.
Before I go on holiday, here are a few progress photos, then I will leave you alone for a while
Oh no, please don't stop. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants all this detail to continue.
Really hoping we can follow this build all the way to the end!
Thank you very much for sharing!!!
Last edited by Rob Jansen on Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Rob <><
User avatar
DWD
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:37 am
Location: Idaho

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by DWD »

Dude!!!! Silvershadow, THIS.....is awesome!! Your build is looking really good and I love how intricate the detail is you've created. Gotta love that Tamiya Enterprise kit. After you get going on a build like this you start realizing what all needs to be changed with the model!! :rolf_3: :rolf_3: :rolf_3: Still a good kit though and you are certainly detailing the heck out of it. I especially like the work you've done on the starboard replenishment deck. That's some scratch-building right there! I hope you continue posting. Be a shame if you didn't.
Doug

Currently building:
Tamiya 1/350 CVN-65 USS Enterprise 2001
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=120496

http://modelshipgallery.com/gallery/use ... index.html
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Thanks guys, no don't worry, this ship will continue, just taking a holiday break. Next year I will post the crap out of it again. I knew this model is old, not easy to modify and add some decent detail onto it. I think the most frustrating part is trying to fit what you see in a photo on to a piece of plastic area and make everything to fit to scale, where the frustrating part kicks in realizing the area you are trying to fit the detail on is out of scale. The ship is decent, giving its age as a kit, I think I have pretty much all my parts still on the sprues, have not even opened the instruction book really, just doing my own thing hehe
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
gtbred
Posts: 2717
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am
Location: san francisco

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by gtbred »

You got me working on my BeeHive build again. Needed someone to jump start me. :thumbs_up_1:
anyahajobuzi
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 am
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada, North pole

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by anyahajobuzi »

Hey Jacques!!

Long time no visiting this site for me, but I see it was VERY worth my time to visit : DWD/Doug is right: This is an AMAZING build!

I love how you leave just about nothing original! Very sharp/precise work, my friend!!!
And I have to say, You heard right: These big models DO warp over time: My Nimitz developed a slight banana shape, where the bow and stern don't touch base in my display case anymore..... Not cool, but it sure looks like you evaded that problem head on!

Very nice work!!!! :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Cheers: Laci
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

anyahajobuzi wrote:Hey Jacques!!

Long time no visiting this site for me, but I see it was VERY worth my time to visit : DWD/Doug is right: This is an AMAZING build!

I love how you leave just about nothing original! Very sharp/precise work, my friend!!!
And I have to say, You heard right: These big models DO warp over time: My Nimitz developed a slight banana shape, where the bow and stern don't touch base in my display case anymore..... Not cool, but it sure looks like you evaded that problem head on!

Very nice work!!!! :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Cheers: Laci
Thank you Laci, I was a super fan of your build, really loved what you did with your carrier and was always the highlight of my day when I saw a new post of it. Hopefully I will finish mine, not an easy project. :thumbs_up_1:
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Ok guys, new year (thank you for the support and interest, really appreciate this), and hopefully I can get some more done this year on my project. I will be kicking off on the stern section, enjoy
Attachments
206.jpg
207.jpg
208.jpg
209.jpg
210.jpg
211.jpg
212.jpg
213.jpg
214.jpg
215.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

more images
Attachments
216.jpg
217.jpg
218.jpg
219.jpg
220.jpg
221.jpg
222.jpg
223.jpg
224.jpg
225.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

more images
Attachments
226.jpg
227.jpg
228.jpg
229.jpg
230.jpg
231.jpg
232.jpg
233.jpg
235.jpg
236.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
Post Reply

Return to “Works in Progress”