1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K

User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

and the last few for today.. enjoy :)
Attachments
237.jpg
238.jpg
239.jpg
240.jpg
241.jpg
242.jpg
243.jpg
244.jpg
245.jpg
246.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Hi guys, a few small updates on my work in progress on the stern area - have a great day
Attachments
247.jpg
248.jpg
249.jpg
250.jpg
251.jpg
252.jpg
253.jpg
254.jpg
255.jpg
256.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
Uzun Elendil
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:17 am

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by Uzun Elendil »

Amazing work! Especially the level of the detail is unbeliavable. I just want to ask something;

I also started to my Enterprise. I just want to know (if you can share I will highly appreicate) what is the following thing;

Image

Image

And how did you do it? Do you have a plan or close (real) photos of those?

If you can share the referance photos I will be grateful.

Thank you in Advance
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Hi there Uzun Elendil, thank you very much.
I found these on just browsing the web
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tGoMzh ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iXYbND ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R6Sq1- ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ea1Qe- ... sp=sharing

I know this is not much but this is all I had to go with when I was building this part, hope this helps
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
Uzun Elendil
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:17 am

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by Uzun Elendil »

Dear silver, thank you very much. I will try to replicate it and those pictures will help a lot. But probably I will be not as detailed as you did

Again keep continue your amazing work
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

No problem =) good luck with your build
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
gtbred
Posts: 2717
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am
Location: san francisco

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by gtbred »

Man, your build puts mine to shame. Keep up the great work. :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

gtbred wrote:Man, your build puts mine to shame. Keep up the great work. :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
Thanks man, it's sometimes just quite difficult to fit what you see in photos on to this tiny piece of plastic and still looks ok for me, even tho I am never really always happy with the results. I'm glad you guys like this build so far
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Hi guys :wave_1: , still on the stern section, (small updates)
Attachments
257.jpg
258.jpg
259.jpg
260.jpg
261.jpg
262.jpg
263.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
steel_tiger1
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:56 am

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by steel_tiger1 »

Wow, just wow. I am saving pictures as ideas for when I ever get to my Kitty hawk. Keep it up.
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

steel_tiger1 wrote:Wow, just wow. I am saving pictures as ideas for when I ever get to my Kitty hawk. Keep it up.
thank you so much "")
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Good morning guys (well it's morning at my side lol) Here is a couple of progress pictures before we hit the weekend - cheers
Attachments
265.jpg
266.jpg
267.jpg
268.jpg
269.jpg
270.jpg
271.jpg
272.jpg
273.jpg
274.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
Jaguar
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:55 am
Location: Usa
Contact:

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by Jaguar »

Hi

Really, I have no words to describe that level of perfection. Your attention to detail is amazing.
Thar pictures look real.

Congratulations Silvershadow

I am looking forward for new updates.

Jorge
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Jaguar wrote:Hi

Really, I have no words to describe that level of perfection. Your attention to detail is amazing.
Thar pictures look real.

Congratulations Silvershadow

I am looking forward for new updates.

Jorge
Thank you Jorge, I really appreciate your support and all your motivational messages. This is starting to feel like one big puzzle piece where everything has to fit nicely in the end. Let's hope everything turns out as planned as this continues. In the end.... It's only plastic, if you screw up, just rebuild hehe.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Good morning everyone, new updates ~)
Attachments
just a quick overview on the stern elements
just a quick overview on the stern elements
Started adding custom handrails, yes its not perfect, and yes I have handrails, but I wanted the verticals on specific positions.
Started adding custom handrails, yes its not perfect, and yes I have handrails, but I wanted the verticals on specific positions.
278.jpg
This insert is done for now. I will return a bit later again once this item is getting glued down. The remaining platforms and items on the hull of the stern will be added once this is glued down in the end<br />Items still need to be added:<br />1. The orange vertical approach line. There has been space made for this that connects up to the deck but will add this once I have decided on the final color of my deck orange / yellow markings<br />2. Doors is still missing<br />3. The window will be added from below once this is getting glued down.<br />4. There is a box behind the crane against the wall that also need to be added<br /><br />I am trying to keep notes to myself where I left out stuff that still need to be added once glued down but think this will be easier just to go through every section once its permanently fixed and cleaned up.
This insert is done for now. I will return a bit later again once this item is getting glued down. The remaining platforms and items on the hull of the stern will be added once this is glued down in the end
Items still need to be added:
1. The orange vertical approach line. There has been space made for this that connects up to the deck but will add this once I have decided on the final color of my deck orange / yellow markings
2. Doors is still missing
3. The window will be added from below once this is getting glued down.
4. There is a box behind the crane against the wall that also need to be added

I am trying to keep notes to myself where I left out stuff that still need to be added once glued down but think this will be easier just to go through every section once its permanently fixed and cleaned up.
281.jpg
282.jpg
283.jpg
just a quick overview of parts in relation to each other
just a quick overview of parts in relation to each other
285.jpg
286.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
gtbred
Posts: 2717
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am
Location: san francisco

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by gtbred »

How much detail are you going to put into the fantail? I mean it's just amazing how much you have done. I thought Laci Nimitz was the top shelf of Super carriers. But you and Doug have went beyond what is crazy. Many thumbs up on your build sir.
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

gtbred wrote:How much detail are you going to put into the fantail? I mean it's just amazing how much you have done. I thought Laci Nimitz was the top shelf of Super carriers. But you and Doug have went beyond what is crazy. Many thumbs up on your build sir.
Thank you gtbred. Yeah my problem is, I build purely from photos and always feel that if its on the picture, I am going to replicate that or at least try he he. But in most cases its just damn difficult to go that small, esp with my eyesight that is not as sharp as it used to be.
Last edited by silvershadow on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Next up - upper stern underside
Attachments
Ok so this portion is the next item on the model (upper stern underside)
Ok so this portion is the next item on the model (upper stern underside)
Started by cutting away the catwalk on the sides
Started by cutting away the catwalk on the sides
The overhangs also need to go and made flush  against the wall panel
The overhangs also need to go and made flush against the wall panel
290.jpg
291.jpg
292.jpg
293.jpg
just a couple of pictures with the flush finish
just a couple of pictures with the flush finish
295.jpg
To avoid damage to already built parts, those are removed and stored away
To avoid damage to already built parts, those are removed and stored away
Last edited by silvershadow on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

more updates
Attachments
297.jpg
This was quite a difficult cut for me. I was constantly checking photos. Probably my biggest fear is that you decide on the cut, work up the detail and later on stuff does not work so well and end up leaving detail behind because the cut is not right. I had to keep in mind the detail on both sides (Starboard and Port sides), need to work and the vertical approach line on the stern also need to meet this new angle on the edge. And then have to work upside down as well to make me even more confused. (phew)
This was quite a difficult cut for me. I was constantly checking photos. Probably my biggest fear is that you decide on the cut, work up the detail and later on stuff does not work so well and end up leaving detail behind because the cut is not right. I had to keep in mind the detail on both sides (Starboard and Port sides), need to work and the vertical approach line on the stern also need to meet this new angle on the edge. And then have to work upside down as well to make me even more confused. (phew)
I closed my eyes and hoped for the best lol
I closed my eyes and hoped for the best lol
300.jpg
301.jpg
with a plastic cardboard I was testing the look
with a plastic cardboard I was testing the look
303.jpg
304.jpg
its not 100% perfect but its close enough for me
its not 100% perfect but its close enough for me
306.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Good morning guys, hope you are having a fine Friday today and good weekend that lies ahead. Some updates (lots of images) before the weekend kicks off - enjoy :thumbs_up_1:
Attachments
307.jpg
308.jpg
309.jpg
310.jpg
311.jpg
312.jpg
313.jpg
314.jpg
315.jpg
316.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
Post Reply

Return to “Works in Progress”