1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
and the last few for today.. enjoy 
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Hi guys, a few small updates on my work in progress on the stern area - have a great day
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- Uzun Elendil
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:17 am
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Amazing work! Especially the level of the detail is unbeliavable. I just want to ask something;
I also started to my Enterprise. I just want to know (if you can share I will highly appreicate) what is the following thing;


And how did you do it? Do you have a plan or close (real) photos of those?
If you can share the referance photos I will be grateful.
Thank you in Advance
I also started to my Enterprise. I just want to know (if you can share I will highly appreicate) what is the following thing;
And how did you do it? Do you have a plan or close (real) photos of those?
If you can share the referance photos I will be grateful.
Thank you in Advance
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Hi there Uzun Elendil, thank you very much.
I found these on just browsing the web
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tGoMzh ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iXYbND ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R6Sq1- ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ea1Qe- ... sp=sharing
I know this is not much but this is all I had to go with when I was building this part, hope this helps
I found these on just browsing the web
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tGoMzh ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iXYbND ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R6Sq1- ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ea1Qe- ... sp=sharing
I know this is not much but this is all I had to go with when I was building this part, hope this helps
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- Uzun Elendil
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:17 am
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Dear silver, thank you very much. I will try to replicate it and those pictures will help a lot. But probably I will be not as detailed as you did
Again keep continue your amazing work
Again keep continue your amazing work
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
No problem =) good luck with your build
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- gtbred
- Posts: 2717
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am
- Location: san francisco
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Man, your build puts mine to shame. Keep up the great work.

- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Thanks man, it's sometimes just quite difficult to fit what you see in photos on to this tiny piece of plastic and still looks ok for me, even tho I am never really always happy with the results. I'm glad you guys like this build so fargtbred wrote:Man, your build puts mine to shame. Keep up the great work.![]()
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Hi guys
, still on the stern section, (small updates)
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- steel_tiger1
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:56 am
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Wow, just wow. I am saving pictures as ideas for when I ever get to my Kitty hawk. Keep it up.
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
thank you so much "")steel_tiger1 wrote:Wow, just wow. I am saving pictures as ideas for when I ever get to my Kitty hawk. Keep it up.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Good morning guys (well it's morning at my side lol) Here is a couple of progress pictures before we hit the weekend - cheers
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- Jaguar
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:55 am
- Location: Usa
- Contact:
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Hi
Really, I have no words to describe that level of perfection. Your attention to detail is amazing.
Thar pictures look real.
Congratulations Silvershadow
I am looking forward for new updates.
Jorge
Really, I have no words to describe that level of perfection. Your attention to detail is amazing.
Thar pictures look real.
Congratulations Silvershadow
I am looking forward for new updates.
Jorge
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Thank you Jorge, I really appreciate your support and all your motivational messages. This is starting to feel like one big puzzle piece where everything has to fit nicely in the end. Let's hope everything turns out as planned as this continues. In the end.... It's only plastic, if you screw up, just rebuild hehe.Jaguar wrote:Hi
Really, I have no words to describe that level of perfection. Your attention to detail is amazing.
Thar pictures look real.
Congratulations Silvershadow
I am looking forward for new updates.
Jorge
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Good morning everyone, new updates ~)
- Attachments
-
- This insert is done for now. I will return a bit later again once this item is getting glued down. The remaining platforms and items on the hull of the stern will be added once this is glued down in the end
Items still need to be added:
1. The orange vertical approach line. There has been space made for this that connects up to the deck but will add this once I have decided on the final color of my deck orange / yellow markings
2. Doors is still missing
3. The window will be added from below once this is getting glued down.
4. There is a box behind the crane against the wall that also need to be added
I am trying to keep notes to myself where I left out stuff that still need to be added once glued down but think this will be easier just to go through every section once its permanently fixed and cleaned up.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- gtbred
- Posts: 2717
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am
- Location: san francisco
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
How much detail are you going to put into the fantail? I mean it's just amazing how much you have done. I thought Laci Nimitz was the top shelf of Super carriers. But you and Doug have went beyond what is crazy. Many thumbs up on your build sir.
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Thank you gtbred. Yeah my problem is, I build purely from photos and always feel that if its on the picture, I am going to replicate that or at least try he he. But in most cases its just damn difficult to go that small, esp with my eyesight that is not as sharp as it used to be.gtbred wrote:How much detail are you going to put into the fantail? I mean it's just amazing how much you have done. I thought Laci Nimitz was the top shelf of Super carriers. But you and Doug have went beyond what is crazy. Many thumbs up on your build sir.
Last edited by silvershadow on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Next up - upper stern underside
- Attachments
Last edited by silvershadow on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
more updates
- Attachments
-
- This was quite a difficult cut for me. I was constantly checking photos. Probably my biggest fear is that you decide on the cut, work up the detail and later on stuff does not work so well and end up leaving detail behind because the cut is not right. I had to keep in mind the detail on both sides (Starboard and Port sides), need to work and the vertical approach line on the stern also need to meet this new angle on the edge. And then have to work upside down as well to make me even more confused. (phew)
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Good morning guys, hope you are having a fine Friday today and good weekend that lies ahead. Some updates (lots of images) before the weekend kicks off - enjoy 
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966