1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K

User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

continues......
Attachments
317.jpg
318.jpg
319.jpg
320.jpg
This is a 3d markup on what I want to achieve in the end...
This is a 3d markup on what I want to achieve in the end...
323.jpg
324.jpg
325.jpg
326.jpg
327.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

continues......
Attachments
328.jpg
330.jpg
331.jpg
332.jpg
334.jpg
335.jpg
336.jpg
337.jpg
338.jpg
Last edited by silvershadow on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

and that's is for now. I think this turned out pretty good with the new cut I made on the deck.everything is still dry fit, nothing has been glued down. cheers :)
Attachments
last image 4 now
last image 4 now
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
Uzun Elendil
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:17 am

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by Uzun Elendil »

I just want to say; Mate you are either have a shrink gun or out of this world (sorry for my language).

:good_job: :worship_1:
User avatar
gtbred
Posts: 2717
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am
Location: san francisco

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by gtbred »

He's insane! :crazy:
Guest

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by Guest »

Stunning, simple as. Can you imagine how good the Airwing will look with this skill ! ?
User avatar
Roberto
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: Bahamas, on a painful sabbatical from modeling

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by Roberto »

The crispness of the scratchbuilt details is astounding.
May I ask what are your (obviously awesome) references?
Victoria Nobis Vita.
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

For those who are still following the build, thanks for the feedback, it really mean a lot to me to keep me going :thumbs_up_1: - Lately I'm just tired evenings when I get home from work and give my build a pass, and promise myself tomorrow, but then same thing just happen the next day. hum hum
Roberto wrote:The crispness of the scratchbuilt details is astounding.
May I ask what are your (obviously awesome) references?
Regarding photos and references, never been on a carrier or seen one in real life. I also did not purchase "The book", since I don't know what is in it (no promotion pictures or idea what to expect inside, just the front cover and a brief description of the book) So yeah, all my references is mostly going through Google search / YouTube over the years. Lots of people dump albums of photos on Flickr. Its also good to have a folder structure of areas and just start filling those folders. When the time comes when you want to build this you know this is all the available information you have on this specific area you are working on.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
Chuck Bauer
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: USA

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by Chuck Bauer »

I agree with the other person who stated you must be using a "shrink gun" :)

You have an exceptional gift of first spotting the details and then having the ability to replicate them.

I sometimes wonder about the logic of doing all the underside stuff that will be hard to see. But I guess the process is enjoyable in and of itself. I hope the internet and the favorable feedback makes the effort worthwhile. I am looking forward to more installments and am already wondering how it will look when finished.

Thanks for sharing this astounding work.
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Chuck Bauer wrote:I agree with the other person who stated you must be using a "shrink gun" :)

You have an exceptional gift of first spotting the details and then having the ability to replicate them.

I sometimes wonder about the logic of doing all the underside stuff that will be hard to see. But I guess the process is enjoyable in and of itself. I hope the internet and the favorable feedback makes the effort worthwhile. I am looking forward to more installments and am already wondering how it will look when finished.

Thanks for sharing this astounding work.
Thank you Chuck. Yeah i know some details you can go without I guess. I think in the end no one is really going to lie on their back to look at hidden details, but still I like to know its is there If your eye can find this he he
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

So guys, been busy these last few days, here are some progress photos ~ enjoy
Attachments
340.jpg
341.jpg
343.jpg
344.jpg
345.jpg
346.jpg
347.jpg
348.jpg
349.jpg
350.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

more images
Attachments
351.jpg
352.jpg
353.jpg
354.jpg
355.jpg
356.jpg
357.jpg
358.jpg
359.jpg
360.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

more images..
Attachments
361.jpg
364.jpg
365.jpg
367.jpg
368.jpg
369.jpg
370.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Hi Chuck, this is what the model is looking like at the moment. Everything is dry fitted as you can see in the first few images and afterwards just loose fitted on to the model. In the end after fixing the elements, all seams will be cleaned up and more detail added that could not work where the element was on its own.
Cheers
PS: Sorry for the bad lighting, my workspace don't have great lighting, esp for big objects like this.
Attachments
371.jpg
372.jpg
373.jpg
374.jpg
375.jpg
376.jpg
377.jpg
378.jpg
379.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
Rob Jansen
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:48 pm
Location: Mount Vernon, WA USA

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by Rob Jansen »

Jacques,
Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
A spectacular build with great pictures that will help many of us to improve this "craft kit"...
I personally really appreciate it.
Please keep them coming!!!
-Rob <><
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Rob Jansen wrote:Jacques,
Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
A spectacular build with great pictures that will help many of us to improve this "craft kit"...
I personally really appreciate it.
Please keep them coming!!!
You're welcome Rob, thank you :thumbs_up_1:
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
gtbred
Posts: 2717
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am
Location: san francisco

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by gtbred »

:woo_hoo: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Good morning guys, some weekend updates
Attachments
380.jpg
381.jpg
382.jpg
383.jpg
384.jpg
385.jpg
386.jpg
387.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

continues...
Attachments
388.jpg
389.jpg
390.jpg
391.jpg
392.jpg
393.jpg
394.jpg
395.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
User avatar
silvershadow
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town

Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise

Post by silvershadow »

Some progress photos - the struggle continues :)
Attachments
396.jpg
The substructure under the dome is incorrect, should be a star shaped, realized this too late
The substructure under the dome is incorrect, should be a star shaped, realized this too late
The platform on where the dome sits also should have been mesh (see thru) but kept mine solid
The platform on where the dome sits also should have been mesh (see thru) but kept mine solid
399.jpg
400.jpg
401.jpg
402.jpg
403.jpg
404.jpg
405.jpg
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
Post Reply

Return to “Works in Progress”