1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
continues......
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
continues......
Last edited by silvershadow on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
and that's is for now. I think this turned out pretty good with the new cut I made on the deck.everything is still dry fit, nothing has been glued down. cheers 
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- Uzun Elendil
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:17 am
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
I just want to say; Mate you are either have a shrink gun or out of this world (sorry for my language).

- gtbred
- Posts: 2717
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am
- Location: san francisco
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
He's insane! 
-
Guest
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Stunning, simple as. Can you imagine how good the Airwing will look with this skill ! ?
- Roberto
- Posts: 413
- Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:00 pm
- Location: Bahamas, on a painful sabbatical from modeling
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
The crispness of the scratchbuilt details is astounding.
May I ask what are your (obviously awesome) references?
May I ask what are your (obviously awesome) references?
Victoria Nobis Vita.
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
For those who are still following the build, thanks for the feedback, it really mean a lot to me to keep me going
- Lately I'm just tired evenings when I get home from work and give my build a pass, and promise myself tomorrow, but then same thing just happen the next day. hum hum
Regarding photos and references, never been on a carrier or seen one in real life. I also did not purchase "The book", since I don't know what is in it (no promotion pictures or idea what to expect inside, just the front cover and a brief description of the book) So yeah, all my references is mostly going through Google search / YouTube over the years. Lots of people dump albums of photos on Flickr. Its also good to have a folder structure of areas and just start filling those folders. When the time comes when you want to build this you know this is all the available information you have on this specific area you are working on.Roberto wrote:The crispness of the scratchbuilt details is astounding.
May I ask what are your (obviously awesome) references?
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- Chuck Bauer
- Posts: 671
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:26 pm
- Location: USA
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
I agree with the other person who stated you must be using a "shrink gun" 
You have an exceptional gift of first spotting the details and then having the ability to replicate them.
I sometimes wonder about the logic of doing all the underside stuff that will be hard to see. But I guess the process is enjoyable in and of itself. I hope the internet and the favorable feedback makes the effort worthwhile. I am looking forward to more installments and am already wondering how it will look when finished.
Thanks for sharing this astounding work.
You have an exceptional gift of first spotting the details and then having the ability to replicate them.
I sometimes wonder about the logic of doing all the underside stuff that will be hard to see. But I guess the process is enjoyable in and of itself. I hope the internet and the favorable feedback makes the effort worthwhile. I am looking forward to more installments and am already wondering how it will look when finished.
Thanks for sharing this astounding work.
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Thank you Chuck. Yeah i know some details you can go without I guess. I think in the end no one is really going to lie on their back to look at hidden details, but still I like to know its is there If your eye can find this he heChuck Bauer wrote:I agree with the other person who stated you must be using a "shrink gun"
You have an exceptional gift of first spotting the details and then having the ability to replicate them.
I sometimes wonder about the logic of doing all the underside stuff that will be hard to see. But I guess the process is enjoyable in and of itself. I hope the internet and the favorable feedback makes the effort worthwhile. I am looking forward to more installments and am already wondering how it will look when finished.
Thanks for sharing this astounding work.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
So guys, been busy these last few days, here are some progress photos ~ enjoy
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
more images
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
more images..
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Hi Chuck, this is what the model is looking like at the moment. Everything is dry fitted as you can see in the first few images and afterwards just loose fitted on to the model. In the end after fixing the elements, all seams will be cleaned up and more detail added that could not work where the element was on its own.
Cheers
PS: Sorry for the bad lighting, my workspace don't have great lighting, esp for big objects like this.
Cheers
PS: Sorry for the bad lighting, my workspace don't have great lighting, esp for big objects like this.
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- Rob Jansen
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:48 pm
- Location: Mount Vernon, WA USA
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Jacques,
Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
A spectacular build with great pictures that will help many of us to improve this "craft kit"...
I personally really appreciate it.
Please keep them coming!!!
Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
A spectacular build with great pictures that will help many of us to improve this "craft kit"...
I personally really appreciate it.
Please keep them coming!!!
-Rob <><
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
You're welcome Rob, thank youRob Jansen wrote:Jacques,
Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
A spectacular build with great pictures that will help many of us to improve this "craft kit"...
I personally really appreciate it.
Please keep them coming!!!
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- gtbred
- Posts: 2717
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am
- Location: san francisco
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Good morning guys, some weekend updates
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
continues...
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
- silvershadow
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 am
- Location: _/\/�����\/\_ Cape Town
Re: 1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
Some progress photos - the struggle continues 
- Attachments
Jacques
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966
_________________
Currently working on:
1/350 CVN 65 - Project Enterprise
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=210966