You failed to pass the boat exam though
"I don't know what this is" --> 16ft fast motor boat, aka 'skimming dish'
24ft whaler --> 27 ft whaler
27ft cutter --> 25 ft fast motor boat
Moderators: BB62vet, MartinJQuinn, JIM BAUMANN, Jon, Dan K
No, it is you who passed the boat test I crested to confuse you. Well done!EJFoeth wrote:Nice progress!
You failed to pass the boat exam though![]()
"I don't know what this is" --> 16ft fast motor boat, aka 'skimming dish'
24ft whaler --> 27 ft whaler
27ft cutter --> 25 ft fast motor boat
While Hood antifouling is all kinds of custom, and so is PoW, the upper works paint for Hood and PoW is identical. I just havent at all weathered PoW. It goes to show that it is good to pick paint correctly if you dont plan to weather the boat. If you do - in my case it certainly darkens and one must plan for it. I think Hood looks good though, it is really about how it photographs.IJNfan wrote:Nice progress, especially these boats. They look very nice, more so when taking account for the 1/700 scale.
As for the hull, I thin kits fine! Isn't also nice that the hulls haven't the same tone? No ship ever looks the same, maybe the Hood is just depicted with a fresher coat of paint than the Prince. (Though Honestly I find the Hood better looking in terms of colors.)
Thanks!Themongoose wrote:love the color tone to the whole model. I'd be interested in hearing/seeing more on how you detailed the weld lines on the hull. Have read through your description a couple times and I really like the results.
+1!Themongoose wrote:love the color tone to the whole model.
Dan K wrote:Great progress.
Thanks gents! Here is some progress shots.marijn van gils wrote:+1!Themongoose wrote:love the color tone to the whole model.
THANK YOU for the nice words, your Barham is mind blowingly beautiful, and I only wish to have that skill level!zs180 wrote:Great paint job and weathering. How you can paint the deck after the small fittings have been attached is beyond me!
Haha I know the feeling. She looks very well.pascalemod wrote:This seems to be tricker than I originally thought - a pattern that keeps repeating with this build.